Tuesday, July 6, 2010

OMG!

I did it! I actually did it! I just quit my completely stable job with good pay, 27 paid days off a year, and full benefits to go to culinary school! What was I thinking!?! I know it sounds crazy and it is. Just ask any line cook you know. If you don't know any, trust me on this, ALL of them have said I am nuts! That mentality just makes me want to do this and succeed even more.

This was not a quick decision, believe me. I've researched this career change for months. I got on to several forums, talked to restaurant owners and chefs, and read a ton of articles about the industry.  I tried to figure out just how to work out all the numbers, and the idea just wasn't adding up to be a "smart" choice. There was no way we could swing the pay cut and the cost of tuition for school at the same time. So I pushed the idea to the back of my mind.

And then it happend! I woke up one moring in mid-May and I just knew. I just knew I was going to go to culinary school and I was the one to make it happen. Sometimes if you want something bad enough you have to make it happen and only you can do it, no one else can do it for you. So I got to work on what seemed to be an impossible task, going to culinary school.

1 comment:

  1. I have never had any reservations about it. I could tell from the 1st time you talked about it that it would be the right thing for you to do. Don't get me wrong, you've done a fabulous job with ACS & I'm sure going to miss you there & having you in town to hang out with, but you'll be back & you really need the creative outlet. This opens up a whole new world for you. I'm so proud of you taking this step!

    ReplyDelete