Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Monday after Thanksgiving. I was so excited about Thanksgiving this year. It really is a cook's holiday. I mean, what other holiday completely focus around food for all of the festivities? This year I actually knew what I was doing and could kick it up a notch with out any issues. I had several new recipes picked out and a few old standbys on the menu . I was doing it all, except for the Turkey, sweet potatoes, and canapés. This is what I had planned:

Fried Turkey (Shawn's request)
Fig and Black Walnut Dressing
Whipped Potatoes
Fresh Green Beans with Roasted Red Pepper (sound familiar?) 
Winter Citrus Salad
Cranberry Pear Relish
Pan Gravy

Yumm!!!

The stage was set.

By Wednesday afternoon; Shopping was done. Stock was made. French bread for dressing was drying......

Enter sick child. 

Yes, at 9:00 pm Rhys stared throwing up. He did this on and off until 9:00 the next morning. Yuck!

Therefore we did not share the wealth, we did not go to Thanksgiving. We spent the day quarenteened, together, at home.

Through my wonderful friends I cooked my highly anticipated meal by phone. All of the little helpers in the kitchen did a fantastic job, BTW!

Rhys and I got a care package of leftovers on the doorstep to enjoy, at least I enjoyed them. Rhys was still on soup and crackers until Friday when things began to come out the other end. But that's a different story all together....

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving dinner was delicious!!!!!! How in the world you managed to cook it over the phone is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete