Monday, October 18, 2010

Salad

Phase 2, Week 4, Day 16

Oddly enough we had no lecture we just made stuff. I was a little out of sorts and couldn't quite get a hold of what was going on. I didn't have the recipes from Friday so I was kind of playing catch up there. It always helps to read through the entire recipe and ingredient list before you make anything. We just kind of jumped in and I never really got my thought process and timeline in order. Luckly, one of the girls at the table  helped me along.

Not much to report here- we produced three basic salads. Potato Salad, White bean salad, and Salade Nicoise. Salade Nicoise is what you might call a deconstructed salad, where all the components are separated and the customer puts it together. This concept is becoming popular and can be drawn out to great lengths, so much so the customer might as well go to a salad bar or their own refrigerator from some of the salad presentations I've seen (example).

Result:
Potato Salad: Very Good, looks very nice
Salade Nicoise: Ok, Could be fuller on the plate, "Don't sprinkle pepper over something like this."
White Bean: Nice

Potato Salad w/ Pimentos

Salade Niceois

White Bean Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment